Welcome to jBASE's new documentation site! Many answers to your questions can be found by searching the Knowledgebase or viewing the jBASE Documentation. We also have a Google Group for peer discussion about jBASE. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, jBASE Support will be glad to assist in resolving your technical problems. Enjoy and please provide comments and feedback .
How can we help you?
jBASE 5.6.2 RELEASE NOTES
- PN5_60542 - Case Independence: Allow the CHANGE() function to operate in a case insensitive fashion
- PN5_60545 - Case Independence: Slow string concatenations
- PN5_60546 - Index queries on complex statements other than EQ or NE not working
- PN5_60547- Case Independence: Prevent wrong case being used on string constants
- PN5_60548 - PROMPT value lost after doing BASIC ENTER or CHAIN
- PN5_60551 - Add jlogdup and jlogstatus to the programs that don't consume a license
- PN5_60553 - Fix miscellaneous issues with jformatcode
- PN5_60554 - jQL: Enable caseless sorting of attribute data.
- PN5_60555 - Telnet: TAB character not interpreted correctly in Viewpoint emulation on Windows
- PN5_60557 - jQL: Allow phrases to be defined with "H" for compatibility with R91/R95
- PN5_60558- In PRIME emulation, calling the SPOOLER function corrupts the default select list
- PN5_60559 - Enhancements to the SEARCH command for compatibility with D3 functionality
- PN5_60561 - Creating an encrypted file can give an error when a zero length record is written to the file
- PN5_60562 - Slow index performance when using T-correlatives
- PN5_60563 - Add option (S to MSG command to suppress the time and date from the message
- PN5_60564 - Add support for HOME directory q-to-q pointers
- PN5_60565 - jAgent: DATA INPUT and EXECUTE
- PN5_60566 - Updates to XML library
- PN5_60567 - Recursive A-correlative Repeat function causes jQL to hang
- PN5_60568 - REST: Spurious characters in API* resource records cause REST to fail
- PN5_60569 - jQL: ICONV doesn't strip leading zeros
- PN5_60570 - Secondary Indexes: Make -w the default create-index option
- PN5_60571 - jBC: Add new version of FOLD() with 3 parameters for D3 compatibility
- PN5_60572 - Add D3 compatible version of user exit U50BB and WHO command
- PN5_60573 - Indexes with case insensitive item IDs in the file have problems when an item is updated or deleted
- PN5_60574 - jQL: Fix issue with CHAR(0) termination in record
- PN5_60579 - Audit logging creates phantom entries in the error log
- PN5_60580 - Indexes could become out of sync with the file when the application does not protect simultaneous updates with READU
New jBC Statements
Changes to Current Behavior
- jlicensinginfo - Reformatted and contains a new Slot section displayed with the -v option.
- Case Independence: Allow the CHANGE() function to operate in a case insensitive fashion.
- Case Insensitivity: Slow string concatenation.
- jQL: Enable caseless sorting of attribute data. Requires case_insensitive_jql_sort_attributes = true, which is set by default for the D3 emulation.
- jQL now allows for phrases to be defined with "H".
- SEARCH command now has 2 new options, for compatibility with D3 functionality.-
- S option added to MSG command to suppress the time and date from the message.
- Add support for HOME directory q-to-q pointers.
- -w is the default create-index option for secondary indexes.
- New version of FOLD() with 3 parameters for D3 compatibility added.
Changes to Commands
- WHERE, LISTU and LOGOFF are now unlicensed
Changes to jBC
- jlogdup and jlogstatus don't consume a license. PN5_60551
- A new device, FILE1, is available for use with D3/AP/R83 file saves
Was this article helpful?