This function decrypts strings. It takes the general form:
DECRYPT(string, key, method)
- string specifies the string to be encrypted.
- key is the value used to encrypt the string. Its use depends on method.
- method is a value which indicates the encryption mechanism to.
The ENCRYPT and DECRYPT functions that are part of jBASE BASIC now support the following cipher methods (Defined in JBC.h)
- JBASE_CRYPT_GENERAL General-purpose encryption scheme
- JBASE_CRYPT_AES algorithm (AES256)
- JBASE_CRYPT_AES_BASE64 algorithm (AES256, BASE64 encoded)
- JBASE_CRYPT_ROT13 Simple ROT13 algorithm. (Key not used)
- JBASE_CRYPT_XOR11 XOR MOD11 algorithm. Uses the first character of a key as a seed value.
- JBASE_CRYPT_RC2 RC2 algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_DES DES algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_3DES Three Key, Triple DES algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_BLOWFISH Blowfish algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_BASE64 (See below)
BASE64 is not really an encryption method, but more of an encoding. The reason for this is that the output of an encryption often results in a binary string. It allows binary data to be represented as a character string. BASE64 operation is not required but is performed in addition to the primary algorithm. e.g. JBASE_CRYPT_RC2_BASE64
ENCRYPT with this method is the same as a DECRYPT with method JBASE_CRYPT_RC2 followed by DECRYPT with method JBASE_CRYPT_BASE64.
DECRYPT with this method is the same as a DECRYPT with method JBASE_CRYPT_BASE64 followed by DECRYPT with method JBASE_CRYPT_RC2.
- JBASE_CRYPT_RC2_BASE64 RC2 algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_DES_BASE64 DES algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_3DES_BASE64 Triple DES algorithm
- JBASE_CRYPT_BLOWFISH _BASE64 Blowfish algorithm.
An example of use may be as follows:
0001 INCLUDE JBC.h 0002 cipher = JBASE_CRYPT_BLOWFISH_BASE64 0003 key = "Thunderbirds 2086" 0004 str = "This is the string to be encrypted" 0005 enc = ENCRYPT( str, key, cipher ) 0006 CRT "Encrypted:" :enc 0007 dec = DECRYPT( enc, key, cipher ) 0008 CRT "Decrypted: ":dec
The above will display as output:
Encrypted:bjrngdlVNjSsY6iUVhn8pA9WD2cYo7HB8at0QhwvjvApc8Gih8PQ/A== Decrypted: This is the string to be encrypted
See also: ENCRYPT.
Back to JBASE BASIC.