This function counts the number of field elements in a string that are separated by a specified delimiter. It takes the general form:
- expression1 evaluates to a string in which fields are to be counted.
- expression2 evaluates to the delimiter string used to count the fields.
- The delimiter string may consist of more than one character.
- If expression1 is a NULL string, the function returns a value of zero.
- The delimiter string may consist of any character, including system delimiters such as field marks or value marks.
An example of use is as follows:
A = "A:B:C:D" CRT DCOUNT(A, ":")
The above code will display the value 4
See also: COUNT.
Go back to JBASE BASIC.